Today a reader of Just Genesis e-mailed a list of nine meaty questions. She is a very sharp lady, a medical doctor and Jill-of-many-trades, living on the KY/OH/VW border. I asked for and received her permission to post the questions here:
1. What do you believe about the age of the earth? (Answer is here.)
2. Do you believe in a literal 6-day creation? (Answer is here.)
3. Do you believe in evolution of man or was he created out of dust, fully formed? (Answer is here.)
4. If there were several original human couples, were they all involved in the fall? (Answer is here.)
5. Do you think the fall was eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, or was that just symbolic for some other disobedience? (Answer is here.)
6. I don't read Genesis 1 and 2 as two separate creation stories, but rather chapter 2 as an expansion on the outline laid out in chapter 1.... what do you think? (Answer is here.)
7. If marriage is between one man and one woman, as Gen. 2 seems to be saying....what is all this about men having two wives one North and one South? Is this disobedience or part of God's design, and if so, why doesn't Christianity accept polygamy now? (Answer is here.)
8. Did I understand you to say the Orthodox don't believe in inherited (original) sin? If so, how you they explain David saying he was conceived in sin, and sinful from birth? (Answer is here.)
9. What about the garden of Eden, real place or myth? (Answer is here.)
I love meaty questions like these! God willing, I intend to provide answers to each of them.
Before tackling the first question, I invite readers to address any of the questions that may interest you. What do YOU think? Please provide support from Scripture and Holy Tradition (which never contradict each other) in explaining your position.
Pando, the Word’s Heaviest Organism, is an Ever-Growing Witness of an Ancient Earth - Evidence of the antiquity of the Earth is everywhere we look if we have our eyes open and are pondering what we see. One such place is central Utah on a t...
1 week ago